Moldy Food Alert! Beware of mold in your baking mixes and other cooking mixes
Moldy food can be very dangerous. There is a report of a high school student who had pancakes recently and it almost became fatal. He called from school to tell his mother that he was having trouble breathing. She told him to go to the nurse immediately and she proceeded to call school to alert the nurse. The nurse called the paramedics. They arrived quickly and worked on the boy all the way to the hospital. He he recovered but it could have been fatal.
Check the expiration dates on packages of many mixes like pancakes and cake mixes that have yeast which over time develop spores. Apparently, the mold that forms in old mixes can be toxic!
Throw away ALL OUTDATED pancake mix, brownie mixes, Bisquick, cake & cookie mixes, etc., you have in your home.
It's always a good idea to check food expiration dates on anything and leave outdated ones alone.
Leave Moldy Food. Return to Healthy Lifestyle Made Easy home page